VDS Rolling Network Administrator intends to streamline the design and commissioning operations during the network deployment and simplify the maintenance activities.
- Fast Network Design: the design of a complete network applying your technical specifications
- First set-up and commissioning simplification: first set-up, troubleshooting and duplication of the network configuration are made available by specific commissioning tools
- Maintenance Optimization: easy fault detection, Plug-and-play functionality to replace faulty devices
- Multiplatform application to set the whole network according to the technical specifications
- Commissioning operations
- Maintenance: switches can be continuously monitored. In case of failure, networking devices can be easily replaced and re-configured with no need for skilled personnel.
VDS Rail's software suite is composed by:
- A network design tool called NED (NEtwork EDitor)
- A commissioning tool, called Konfstation
The NED is a multiplatform application used to configure the whole network easily. Through the NED, the end-user can:
- Set-up the connections between active nodes and end devices
- Define the parameters configuration: IP address, VLAN, QoS, etc.
- Define the global parameters (e.g., single default gateway) and single device parameters (e.g., IP address)
The NED can be installed on a standard x86 PC.
KONFSTATION is an application used to perform infield configuration activities:
- The application receives information from the network and detects any failure (e.g., wrong connections, wrong configuration)
- The application can be used to set-up parameters, edit configurations, simulate the network's behavior resulting from the modifications.
By using the KONFSTATION, end-users can operate from a single switch on the whole network, thus saving considerable time.